Page created: 3 Jun 2020 |
Page updated: 2 Dec 2022
Set up a desktop alternative authentication method on a Mac for Windows login.
To set up a desktop authentication on a Mac using Windows login:
Sign on to your account or app.
The PingID registration window displays.
- Select I want to use a different authentication method.
In the Alternative Authentication window, select
Authenticate using the desktop application, and then click
The Desktop Setup window displays the pairing key that you need for step 7.
- Click Download for Mac OS X. Save the file to your local drive.
- Click the PingID.pkg download file to launch the PingID desktop app installer. Click Continue.
In the PingID desktop app
- Review the Software License Agreement and click Agree. Click Continue.
- Select the destination that you want to install PingID for Desktop. Click Continue.
If you want to change the location that PingID is installed, click
Change Install Location and go to the new location.
Otherwise, click Install. You might be prompted to enter
your system password.
A green check mark and an installation successful message appears. PingID is added to the Applications list on your Mac.
- Click Close.
Launch the PingID desktop application and enter the pairing key you
were given in step 3, and then click Pair.
The desktop app generates a passcode.
In the desktop app, click Copy to copy the passcode, and
then paste it into the Authentication field in your browser.
Click Sign On.
The green check mark appears, indicating your authentication success.
- The next time you sign on to your Mac machine remotely, launch the desktop app on your Mac to generate a passcode. On the Mac machine, enter the passcode in the Authentication window.