Set up email authentication to authenticate for your account or application.
After you have paired your device, and authenticated successfully, you can also use it to authenticate for VPN, Windows login, or Mac login, if required.
Sign on to your account or app and follow the steps for the registration window
The Legacy and New Registration windows and directions Legacy Registration window New Registration window
- From the Legacy Registration window, click I want to use a different authentication method.
- In the Alternative Authentication window,
select Receive passcodes via email, and
then click Next.
You'll see a field in which you can enter your email address.
- From the New Registration window, click Start.
- In the Add a New Device window, click
You'll see a pop-up window in which you can enter your email address.
A one-time passcode (OTP) is sent to the email address you specified.
Copy the OTP you received in the PingID email. In your browser, in the Enter
passcode field, paste or enter the OTP. Click
After you successfully authenticate, the green Authenticated message with a check mark appears. You are automatically signed on to your organization's dock or app.
The next time you sign on to your account or app:
- You receive an OTP through your email.
- Enter the OTP.
- Click Sign On to complete the authentication.