Page created: 3 Jun 2020 |
Page updated: 5 Dec 2022
To set up SMS or voice authentication, pair your device with your account. Pairing a device creates trust between your device and your account, so you can use your device to authenticate during the sign-on process.
To set up SMS or voice authentication for your VPN:
- From your web browser or application, sign on to your VPN with your username and password.
- Type other. Click Sign In.
In the text entry field, enter the phone number you want to use to
- For SMS: Enter sms followed by the country code and your mobile number in the format sms:1-4155555555. Click Sign In.
- For voice: Enter voice followed by the country code and your mobile number in the format voice:1-4155555555. Click Sign In.
Phone numbers with extensions are supported for voice calls where the phone number is followed by a comma and the extension number. Examples include:
- The phone number +12025550123 with the extension 2992 is entered as +12025550123,2992.
- The extension can include the # or * characters. For example: +12025550123,#2992 or +12025550123,2992#.
- If there is more than one extension, a comma should separate the extension and the nested extension. For example: +12025550123,#2992,#2991.
- Each comma generates a two-second pause. After the call is answered, the extension is dialed after two seconds. If a pause is required for longer than two seconds, add an additional comma for each additional two-second pause. For example, three commas for a six-second pause before the nested extension: +12025550123,#2992,,,#2991.
You receive a one-time passcode (OTP) to your device through either SMS or voice call.
In the text entry field, enter the OTP from step 3 and then click
Your device is paired and authentication complete.
The next time you sign on to your VPN:
- An OTP is sent to your device.
- In the VPN text entry field, enter the OTP.
- Click Sign In .