Page created: 3 Jun 2020 |
Page updated: 29 Nov 2020
- Supported languages
The PingID desktop app is now supporting the following languages: English, French (EU), French (Canadian), German, Japanese, Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Thai.
- Desktop app update capabilities
The PingID desktop app provides the option to check for new available versions, automatic end user notifications of available updates, and a semiautomatic update function.
|PID-1671||The uninstall process on the Windows platform has been fixed to remove all of the files from the PingID desktop app installation.|
|PID-1788||The PingID desktop app on Mac had styling issues and locked movement. This is resolved with an improved design.|
|PID-1953||The uninstall process on the Apple Mac platform has been fixed to remove all of the files from the PingID desktop app installation.|
|PID-2179||The PingID desktop app was not starting up, as a result of a ghost process after a process crash.|
|PID-2262||The memory consumption of the PingID desktop app running in the background over several hours was growing. This has been resolved by tuning the JVM threshold to reduce memory usage.|
Known issues and limitations
- PingID desktop app on VMs running OS X
- On VMs running OS X as a guest operating system, the PingID desktop application cannot run, and should not be used in these VM environments.
- Antivirus may block PingID desktop app installation without alerting
- On a Windows 10 PC, running Avast antivirus, there was no response when launching the PingID desktop app installer, and no alert.
- Temporarily disabling the antivrus permitted normal installation of the PingID desktop app.
- The antivirus was investigated: Its status indicated "Everything up to date". Deeper inspection revealed that although the engine and database were up to date, there was a newer release of the program available.
- After updating the program, on launching the PingID installer, the antivirus alerted that it was running a 15 second check for malware. Following its check, the PingID desktop app installation proceeded normally.