Page created: 14 Sep 2021 |
Page updated: 28 Jun 2022
If you encounter any issues with passwordless Windows login, you can review the information that is recorded in the log files and the event information that is displayed in the Audit window in PingOne.
- You can find detailed activity information regarding Windows Login - Passwordless in the log files that are located in the /logs folder below the folder that you specified during installation (default location is C:\Program Files\Ping Identity\PingID\Windows Passwordless\logs).
- To include a greater level of detail in the log files, carry out the following steps
to set the logging level to DEBUG:
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ping Identity\PingId\WindowsPasswordless, add a new key of type Dword32 called LogLevel.
- Set the value of the new key to 1.
To restore the logging level to INFO, change the value of the key to 0.Note: For some of the log files, there is no mechanism to limit the file size. So it's best not to leave the logging at DEBUG level for an extended period of time.
- The Audit window in PingOne includes information on events such as certificate creation and user authentication (for more information, see the Audit section in the PingOne help).