|PingID SDK component||Module||Submodule||Version||Status|
PingID Mobile SDK
|PingID Mobile SDK for Android||1.3||New|
|PingID Mobile SDK for iOS||1.2||Unchanged|
|PingID SDK Server sample code||1.3||New|
PingFederate PingID SDK Integration Kit 1.3
PingFederate PingID SDK IDP Adapter 1.3
|PingFederate PingID SDK IDP Adapter||1.3||New|
|PingFederate PingID SDK IDP Selector||1.0||Unchanged|
|PingFederate PingID SDK Connector||1.1||Unchanged|
PingID SDK has been extended with the following features:
- Support for Android 8.1
- PingID Mobile SDK
- PingID Mobile SDK has been updated to support Android 8.1. (API version 27) as PingID Mobile SDK's latest Android build tools version. Other than configuring the set of dependency versions listed in IDE integration and Implement the PingID SDK in your code, this upgrade maintains backward compatibility with existing applications, and requires no other changes to application code.
- Moderno sample app
- The Moderno sample app has been updated to support Android 8.1.
- PingID SDK Integration Kit 1.3 (PingID SDK 1.4 package) for PingFederate
- Support for virtual hosts
PingFederate supports virtual host names from version 9.2 onwards (see https://support.pingidentity.com/s/document-item?bundleId=pingfederate-93&topicId=adminGuide%2Fpf_c_virtualHostNames.html). The PingID SDK Integration Kit 1.3 for PingFederate (PingID SDK 1.4 package) has been extended to support this feature with PingFedrate 9.2+.
If HTML templates were configured for previous versions, remove the "
<base href>" tag in the HTML template header in order to support virtual hosts.
- Adapter context parameters
It is now possible to define parameters which provide extra context to the PingID SDK Adapter HTML template, in order to support additional server logic. For example, when processing a particular type of transaction such as a money transfer, the adapter may be directed to display an alternative success screen, or different texts. See Dynamic parameter attributes.
- HTTP parameter tracking
- PingFederate versions until 9.1.x require a Selector to track HTTP parameters through
the authentication policy workflow.
From version 9.2, PingFederate no longer requires the Selector for that purpose. See Tracked HTTP Parameters in https://support.pingidentity.com/s/document-item?bundleId=pingfederate-93&topicId=adminGuide%2Fpf_t_defineAuthenticationPolicies.html.
The PingID SDK Integration Kit 1.3 for PingFederate (PingID SDK 1.4 package) has been extended to support this feature when using PingFederate 9.2+.
Adding the "
payload" parameter to the tracked HTTP parameters removes the need to configure and maintain a selector (Selector Type = "
PingID SDK Payload Handling Selector <ver>") in the PingID SDK Adapter's authentication flow.
- Support dynamic success, error and timeout screen display
New parameters provide developers the ability to override display of the HTML template’s configured success, error and timeout message screens. See Dynamic parameter attributes.
- Moderno sample app
- Transaction approval
- The Moderno sample app has been extended to include transaction approval examples for the PF adapter flow (already supported in the API implementation), using context-related information (dynamic parameters).