Complete the following prerequisites before deploying the PingIntelligence policy on APIM:
- Confirm that the Azure API Management Service is available
- Version : The PingIntelligence policy supports Azure APIM Q2CY2020 version. If you are using any other version, contact Ping Identity support.
- Confirm that the APIs to which you want to apply the PingIntelligence policy are available
- Configure CA certificate in APIM: If you want to use the ASE self-signed certificate, then configure the CA certificate from the Security -> CA certificates section.
PingIntelligence policy application
Select one of the following four levels to apply the PingIntelligence policy: .
- For all the APIs
- For a group of APIs, that is, at the product level
- For individual APIs
- For a specific operation in the API
PingIntelligence software installation
Install and configure PingIntelligence software. Refer to the PingIntelligence deployment guide for your environment.
Verify that ASE is in sideband mode
Check that ASE is in
sidebandmode by running the following ASE command:
If ASE is not in
/opt/pingidentity/ase/bin/cli.sh status API Security Enforcer status : started mode : sideband http/ws : port 80 https/wss : port 443 firewall : enabled abs : disabled, ssl: enabled abs attack : disabled audit : enabled sideband authentication : disabled ase detected attack : disabled attack list memory : configured 128.00 MB, used 25.61 MB, free 102.39 MB google pubsub : disabled log level : debug timezone : local (UTC)
sidebandmode, then stop ASE and change the mode by editing the
sidebandand start ASE.
Enable sideband authentication: For a secure communication between APIM
and ASE, enable sideband authentication by entering the following ASE command:
# ./bin/cli.sh enable_sideband_authentication -u admin –p
Generate sideband authentication token
A token is required for APIM to authenticate with ASE. To generate the token in ASE, enter the following ASE command:
Save the generated authentication token for further use.
# ./bin/cli.sh -u admin -p admin create_sideband_token