Page created: 1 Jul 2021 |
Page updated: 1 Nov 2021
This section discusses the steps to upgrade the MongoDB.
- All the MongoDB nodes in the replica set must be online and reachable.
- It is recommended to retain only 10-days of data in order to facilitate fast upgrade process.
- MongoDB binary must be added to the PATH
export PATH=$PATH:<path to mongo binary>
- All ABS instances connected to this replica set must be stopped and there should be no reads or writes occurring during the upgrade.
- Extract the upgrade scripts from the PingIntelligence upgrade package as explained in Common upgrade tasks section.
Navigate to ~/pi-tmp/pingidentity/upgrade/mongo/ and copy
mongo-upgrade.shscript and place it in MongoDB Primary node.
# cd ~/pi-tmp/pingidentity/upgrade/mongo/ # cp mongo-upgrade.sh /<ABS 4.4.1 installation path>/pingidentity/mongo/util/
Stop ABS on all nodes by entering the following command.
# /<ABS installation path>/pingidentity/abs/bin/stop.sh
If ABS is running as a service, then run the following command.
# systemctl stop pi-abs.service
Navigate to the /<ABS 4.4.1 installation
path>/pingidentity/mongo/util/ directory and run the mongo
# ./mongo-upgrade.sh -u <abs-mongo-user> -p <abs-mongo-password>
# ./mongo-upgrade.sh -u absuser -p absxxx --port 27017 please make sure that there is no ABS process running before running the mongo-upgrade script. are you sure you want to continue? (yes/no): yes progress will be logged in ./pi-abs-upgrade/mongo-upgrade.logImportant: The
mongo-upgrade.shscript must be executed only on the MongoDB Primary node. If the upgrade process fails due to any reason, compress the pi-abs-upgrade directory and send it to Ping Identity support for troubleshooting.
- Verify the indexes created on MongoDB collections to make sure the upgrade is successful. For more information, see Verifying MongoDB indexes.
Important: Only after successful upgrade of MongoDB, proceed with ABS upgrade.