The primary and secondary ASE APIs, added in Akana API Gateway, should be secured from unauthorized access of external clients. To ensure this, secure the ASE APIs using the API Consumer Application Security operational policy. The policy allows control on the clients attempting to access the ASE APIs. Add the policy to both primary and secondary ASEs in the Akana gateway.
Complete the following steps to add API Consumer Application Security operational policy to ASE APIs::
- Login to Akana Policy Manager, navigate to the Tenant and select the ASE API.
- Click + to expand and select
Policies. Click Operational Policies and then click
Add Policy on the bottom-right.
- In the Add Policy Wizard, select API Consumer Application
Security Policy from Add Policy. Enter a
Policy Name, click Next and then click
Finish to save the policy.
- The policy appears under Policies in ASE API. Click the policy.
Click Modify in API Consumer Application Security
- Click Apply on the next screen without making any
- Next click Activate Policy.
- Select the ASE API and click Manage in Policy
- Click Attach on the next page, to attach the policy to ASE
- In the Attach Organization Policies window, select the policy added
from Policies window, and select the <Policy
Name> checkbox in front of it. Click
- Click Close.
- Repeat steps 1-10, and add the policy to secondary ASE API.