ABS provides external REST APIs which are used to access JSON reports providing deep insight into the following:
- Attack Forensics and Compliance Reporting – attacks and anomalous behavior on APIs
- API Metrics – API client and traffic details
- Administrative – ABS system information
- API Security Enforcer – decoy API, blocked connections, flow control, and backend error reporting
A REST client can securely query each ABS API and receive data back in JSON format. REST client program options include using:
- Postman App for Google Chrome browser
- Java, Python, C Sharp, or similar languages.
- Java client program (for example, Jersey)
- C sharp client program (for example, RestSharp)
The diagram shows the process for a REST API client to connect to an ABS API.
ABS API query format
ABS API offers a common format with a consistent syntax for request parameters. Detailed information and format of all ABS REST APIs are included in ABS external REST APIs.
||The API name to query for results.|
||The time to check for results going back in time. For example, to check
results from 10th April, 6 PM to 14th April, 3 PM, the
||The time to check the results back in time. For example, to check results
from 10th April, 6 PM to 14th April, 3 PM, the
secret_key are the keys
that were defined in the
abs_init.js file. Note that ":" (colon) is a
restricted character and cannot be used in access and secret key.