ASE supports RHEL 7.9 and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. The provisioned infrastructure can be an EC2 instance, bare metal x86 server, and VMware ESXi.
Complete the following steps to install ASE. You can install ASE as a root user or as a non-root user. The example installation path assumes that you are root user. The installation works in a similar way for a non-root user.
- Go to the download site
- Click on Select under PingIntelligence
- Choose the correct build and click Download.
- After downloading the file, copy the ASE file to the /opt directory or any other directory where you want to install ASE.
- Change working directory to /opt if you are installing the product as a root user. Choose any other location if you want to install ASE as a non-root user.
- At the command prompt, type the following command to untar the ASE
tar –zxvf <filename>
tar –zxvf pi-api-ase-rhel-4.4.tar.gz
- To verify that ASE successfully installed, type the ls command at the command prompt. This should list the pingidentity directory and the build’s .tar file. For example:
/opt/pingidentity/ase/bin/$ ls pingidentity pi-api-ase-rhel-4.4.tar.gz