The guide covers upgrading your PingIntelligence from version 5.0 to 5.1 and other third-party components like Kafka, MongoDB and Elasticsearch.
- The Kafka and Zookeeper third-party components have been introduced for processing event streaming.
- Elasticsearch 7.13.4 is required to support the new dashboard data format and the new improvements, and so there is no upgrade available for the dashboard data.
- The PingIntelligence 5.1 dashboard has significant enhancements over the
- New dashboards
- Per IoA reporting with transaction level data
- Faster availability of data in the dashboard
- New API Publish service that publishes the changes made to the discovered APIs from PingIntelligence Dashboard to AI engine
- The new API Publish service, that publishes the changes made to the discovered APIs from PingIntelligence Dashboard to AI engine. As a new component API Publish must be installed manually. API Publish can be installed on the Dashboard server, or on the ABS Reporting Node server.
See the Release Notes PingIntelligence 5.1 - December 2021 for the summary of new features in PingIntelligence 5.1.
- Download PingIntelligence for APIs 5.1 binaries from Ping download site.
- Access to PingIntelligence for APIs upgrade package - pi-api-upgrade-5.1.tar.gz. Contact Ping Identity Sales team for the latest upgrade script package.
- Host machine with RHEL 7.9 or Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. PingIntelligence 5.1 supports RHEL 7.9 or Ubuntu 18.04 LTS operating systems.
- Elasticsearch 7.13.4
- OpenJDK 11.0.2 to OpenJDK 11.0.6.
- Set JAVA_HOME by adding the following command in
- Disable ABS on all ASE nodes by entering the following command on ASE
./cli.sh -u admin -p admin disable_abs
- To minimize the impact to live traffic, stop ASE.
Common upgrade steps
- Extract the PingIntelligence for APIs upgrade package
pi-api-upgrade-5.1.tar.gz into a temporary directory on the host
machine that has either ASE or ABS AI Engine or PingIntelligence Dashboard
Following is the directory structure:
# mkdir ~/pi-tmp # cp pi-api-upgrade-5.1.tar.gz ~/pi-tmp/ # cd ~/pi-tmp/ # tar -xvf pi-api-upgrade-5.1.tar.gz
└── pingidentity └── upgrade ├── abs │ └── abs-upgrade.sh ├── ase │ └── ase-upgrade.sh ├── dashboard ├── mongo │ └── mongo_upgrade_tool_5.1.tar.gz └── version.txtNote: You can copy the upgrade package onto the host machine using utilities like SCP, rsync, SFTP, or curl.
- Upgrade the components in the following order: