It is optional to create a backend server pool and frontend virtual server if you already have those set up. If you have existing backend server pool and frontend virtual server that you want to use, continue with the steps to .Add PingIntelligence policy
Complete the following steps if you do not have a backend server pool and frontend virtual server.
Add backend server pool
- Navigate to Local Traffic > Pools > Pool List and click on Create:
- In the configuration page for the pool, configure the fields and add a new node for the backend
- Click on Finished. This creates a backend server pool which is accessed from clients connecting to the frontend virtual server
Add frontend virtual server
- Navigate to Local Traffic > Virtual Server > Virtual Server List and click on Create
- Configure the frontend virtual server details. At a minimum, configure the following values:
- Destination Address: This is the virtual IP address that is used for the frontend.
- SSL Profile (Client): Configure if the frontend is SSL
- SSL Profile (Server): Configure if the backend is SSL
- Click on Finished
- Under Resource tab, add backend pool to virtual server and click on Update