Configure the identity provider connection in PingOne.
Ensure that registration is enabled in the authentication policy. See Editing an authentication policy.
You should have the following information ready:
- In PingOne, go to .
- Click + Add Provider.
- Click Apple.
On the Create Profile page, enter the following
- Name: A unique identifier for the IdP.
- Description: (Optional). A brief characterization
of the IdP. Note:
You cannot change the icon and login button, in accordance with the provider's brand standards.
- Click Next.
On the Configure Connection page, enter the following
- Client ID: (App ID). The application ID that you copied earlier from the identity provider. You can find this information on the Apple Developers site.
- Client secret signing key: The application secret that you copied earlier from the identity provider. You can find this information on the Apple Developers site.
- Team ID: A unique 10-character string generated by Apple that identifies your organization. The team ID is the prefix of the App ID.
- Private key ID: Identifies the private key in the JSON web token (JWT). This JSON object is the Client Secret in PingOne.
- Callback URL: The URL to which the user will be redirected after authenticating. This value is read-only. You’ll provide this value to the identity provider later.
- Click Save and Continue.
On the Map Attributes page, define how the PingOne user attributes are
mapped to identity provider attributes. For more information, see Mapping attributes.
- Enter the PingOne user profile attribute and the external IdP attribute. For more information about attribute syntax, see Identity provider attributes.
- To add an attribute, click + Add attribute.
- To use the expression builder, click Build and test or Advanced Expression. See Using the expression builder.
- Select the update condition, which determines how PingOne updates its user
directory with the values from the identity provider. The options
- Empty only: Update the PingOne attribute only if the existing attribute is empty.
- Always: Always update the PingOne directory attribute.
You can map only attributes that are in the ID token, such as iss, iat, expt, aud, sub, nonce, nonce_supported, email, and email_verified.
- Click Save and Finish.