Page created: 11 Nov 2021 |
Page updated: 9 Jan 2023
Configure the identity provider connection in PingOne.
Ensure that registration is enabled in the appropriate authentication policy. See Editing an authentication policy.
You should have the following information ready:
- App ID
- App secret
- Go to .
- Click + Add provider.
- Click Facebook.
On the Create Profile page, enter the following
- Name: A unique identifier for the identity provider.
- Description: (Optional). A brief characterization of the identity provider.
You cannot change the icon and login button, in accordance with the provider's brand standards.
- Click Continue.
On the Configure Connection page, enter the following
- App ID: The application ID that you copied earlier from the IdP. You can find this information on the Basic settings page in the Facebook for Developers portal.
- App Secret: The application secret that you copied earlier from the IdP. You can find this information on the Basic settings page on the Facebook for Developers portal.
- Click Save and Continue.
On the Map Attributes page, define how the PingOne user attributes are
mapped to identity provider attributes. For more information, see Mapping attributes.
- Enter the PingOne user profile attribute and the external IdP attribute. For more information about attribute syntax, see Identity provider attributes.
- To add an attribute, click + Add attribute.
- To use the expression builder, click Build and test or Advanced Expression. See Using the expression builder.
- Select the update condition, which determines how PingOne updates its user
directory with the values from the identity provider. The options
- Empty only: Update the PingOne attribute only if the existing attribute is empty.
- Always: Always update the PingOne
directory attribute. Tip:
You can also map the PingOne attribute
Email Addressto the Facebook attribute
If you don't map a value for PingOne
Email Address, the user must verify their email address when they sign on.
- Click Save and Finish.