Configure the identity provider connection in PingOne.
Ensure that registration is enabled in the authentication policy. See Editing an authentication policy.
You should have the following information ready:
- Client ID
- Client secret
- In PingOne, go to .
- Click + Add Provider.
- Click Google.
On the Create Profile page, enter the following
- Name: A unique identifier for the identity provider.
- Description: (Optional). A brief characterization
of the identity provider.Note:
You cannot change the icon and login button, in accordance with the provider's brand standards.
- Click Next.
On the Configure Connection page, enter the following
- Client ID: The application ID that you copied earlier from the identity provider. You can find this information on the Credentials page on the Google Developers site.
- Client secret: The application secret that you copied earlier from the identity provider. You can find this information on the Credentials page on the Google Developers site.
- Click Save and Continue.
On the Map Attributes page, define how the PingOne user attributes are
mapped to identity provider attributes. For more information, see Mapping attributes.
- Enter the PingOne user profile attribute and the external IdP attribute. For more information about attribute syntax, see Identity provider attributes.
- To add an attribute, click + Add attribute.
- To use the expression builder, click Build and test or Advanced Expression. See Using the expression builder.
- Select the update condition, which determines how PingOne updates its user
directory with the values from the identity provider. The options
- Empty only: Update the PingOne attribute only if the existing attribute is empty.
- Always: Always update the PingOne directory attribute.
- Click Save and Finish.