Use the information in this section to configure PingOne to use your Twilio account.
- Go to .
The default Ping Server is shown, until a Custom Server is configured for the environment.
Select Custom Server to use your organization's Twilio
account instead of the Ping service.
Warning: Selecting Ping Identity will result in deletion of the custom configuration, if one exists.
In the Twilio Setup - Account message, click
Note: A custom Twilio account applies across all PingOne applications of the environment.
To configure your Twilio account to work with PingOne:
- Account SID: Enter the Twilio account SID.Note: If the SID is shorter than 34 characters, an error message is displayed.
- Auth Token: Enter the Twilio account's Auth Token.
- Account SID: Enter the Twilio account SID.
Click Verify Account. That validates the account to
PingOne and populates
the Origination Numbers list from your Twilio
- If the Auth Token is incorrect, an error message is displayed.
- If there are no originating phone numbers in the Twilio account, it will not be validated to PingOne.
Click Verify Account to validate the account in PingOne and populate the
Origination Numbers list from your Twilio account.
If the account is successfully verified, the Twilio Setup - Select Numbers popup opens, showing all the origination phone numbers available to this Twilio account.Note: If there are no origination numbers in the Twilio account, it will not be validated in PingOne.
In the Twilio Setup - Select Numbers message:
Select at least one origination number to use.
- Select the origination numbers to be used.
- Click the Show only selected/Show all toggle to show only the marked phone numbers and hide the numbers that are not selected, or to show selected and unselected numbers.
- Click Select all to select and mark all the origination numbers for this Twilio account.
- Click Unselect all to deselect and unmark all the origination numbers for this Twilio account.
- If you intend to use both SMS and voice, all your selected numbers must support both SMS and voice.
- Twilio allows the use of sender IDs (in place of telephone
numbers) for commercial use or to comply with regulations
requiring SMSs to be sent as transactional and not
When using the Ping Identity account, all originating numbers are defined as transactional with a sender ID in Twilio. To achieve the same functionality in a custom Twilio account, you must configure it directly in Twilio.
- Sender IDs defined in Twilio are not displayed. PingOne uses the actual phone numbers.
- Sender IDs are displayed according to the Sender IDs sent in the API requests.
Select Done to continue with the configuration,
The Origination Numbers table displays.
For Toll-free and Short
code numbers, you can configure supported
Countries for notification recipients:
- Click in the Countries field. The Configure countries popup opens.
- Click in the Select countries field to
display the list of countries. Select a country from the
- Toll-free: You can add multiple countries in the Select countries list. If no country is specified, the specified toll-free number can only be used to dispatch notifications to United States recipient numbers.
- Short code: You can select only one country in the Select countries list. If no country is specified, the specified short code can only be used to dispatch notifications to United States recipient numbers.
- Select at least one origination number to use.
In Fallback to Default Account, select
Enable to use Ping Identity's sender account or
Syniverse to fall back to as an alternative, if
Twilio becomes unavailable for reasons explained in the following note.
If PingOne receives an error during the message despatch process that the used number is invalid, it will retry using the fallback option.
- If there was no way of originating the SMS or voice event with the tenant's own account, and you defined a fallback to Syniverse or Ping Identity's account, the event will be originated from the fallback account.
The following errors will cause fallback:
- All API errors (but not SMS delivery errors)
- No origination number was found on the Twilio account
- If a transaction was charged to a specific account (Ping or custom), it does not imply that subsequent transactions will be charged to the same account. The account charged for each transaction is determined on an individual basis. Preference is always given to the custom account.
- If you configure FALLBACK SMS/VOICE SENDER as Ping Identity, you will be billed at Ping Identity's rates and not at any preferential rates you have directly from Twilio. In addition, Ping Identity originating numbers and setup parameters will be in force.
- Ping Identity:
Use Ping Identity's SMS/Voice sender account in cases of fallback.
Enter the Syniverse Access Token and select at least one Origination Number.
Copy/paste your Syniverse Access Token to the
Note: The system uses your access token to connect to your Syniverse account.
Recommended: In your account in the Syniverse portal, define an application that is dedicated to PingOne traffic. Use this application for analyzing PingOne traffic throughput, and troubleshooting SMS or voice message despatch cases.
Click the Verify Account button. That validates
the account to PingOne and populates the Origination
Numbers list from your Syniverse account.
Note:If the account was successfully verified, the display will change to show a list of originating numbers from Syniverse.
- If the Access Token is incorrect, an error message is displayed.
- If your Syniverse account is not fully configured a yellow exclamation mark appears next to the Access Token field. If you click on it, the Syniverse Not Configured warning message appears.
- If there are no originating phone numbers in the Syniverse account, it will not be validated to PingOne.
- To configure your Syniverse account to work with PingOne:
- Copy the URL from the Address field.
- In your Syniverse account:
- In the Delivery Configuration, paste the URL that you copied from the PingOne Address field.
- Create 2 subscriptions: SCG-Message and SCG-Voice-Calls.
These Syniverse configurations are required in order that Ping Identity's dashboards and reports will reflect complete and accurate data. Ping Identity will not be able to troubleshoot SMS or voice events related to Syniverse if these configurations are incomplete.
- Select at least one originating telephone number to use.
- Click Save.
To complete the setup process, click I Agree on the
Third-party Service Consent message to confirm your
Note: You will be asked for legal consent only when entering a new SID.