You can create or edit an authentication policy that end users use to sign on to PingOne.
User type option to appear in the authentication policy,
you must first create a user type that enables migration of new users. See Adding a user type.
- Go to .
- Locate an existing authentication policy, or create a new one.
- Click the Details icon to expand the policy, and then click the pencil icon.
- On a Login policy step, in the Initial authentication user migration section, click + Add gateway user type.
Enter the following:
- Gateway. Select the gateway that connects to the external directory.
- User type. Select the user type that will authenticate with the external gateway.
- Click Save.