Page created: 12 Nov 2021 |
Page updated: 9 Jan 2023
When you register your application, Apple generates a private key for client authentication. You'll need this value when you add the application to PingOne.
- On the Apple Developer site, click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- On the left, click Keys.
- To register a new key, click the + icon.
- Enter a value for Key Name.
- Select Sign in with Apple and click Configure.
- Select the primary App ID you created earlier.
- Click Save and then click Continue.
- Click Register.
Copy the Key ID to a secure location.
You will use this value when you add the IdP in PingOne.
To save the key to the local file system, click
The key is saved as a text file with a
.p8file extension. The key will be used as the client secret signing key and its identifier will be used as the private key in PingOne.Important:
You can download the key only once. Save the file to a secure location because the key is not saved in your developer account, and you won’t be able to download it again. If the Download button is disabled, you have already downloaded the key.