Page created: 30 Sep 2021 |
Page updated: 10 May 2023
Learn how to enable a user's account. If a user account or device is locked or disabled, you can unlock it or enable it from the user details page.
- A user account can be locked out if a user has more than five incorrect password attempts within 15 minutes.
- A user account and the methods and devices associated with the account might be locked because of incorrect MFA authorization actions, such as entering an incorrect one-time password, or declining push confirmations on a mobile device. The duration of the device lock is defined by the MFA policy.
Tip: If an authentication methods or device is locked, a Locked icon is shown in the Method and Devices table in the relevant user's profile.
To unlock an MFA method or device for a specific user:
- Go to .
- Locate the user you want to enable, disable, or unlock. You can browse or search for users.
In the user list, click the toggle to enable, disable, or unlock the user
Note: You cannot lock a user account manually, but you can disable it.
To unlock the MFA method or device for a specific user:
- In the user list, click the user entry.
- Click .
- Next to the device that you want to unlock, click More Options, and then click Unlock.