Page created: 12 Nov 2021 |
Page updated: 9 Jan 2023
LinkedIn will generate an app ID and app secret for your application. You'll need these values to connect the application to PingOne.
- Go to the LinkedIn Developers page at https://developer.linkedin.com.
- Create an application, following the instructions at https://www.linkedin.com/developers/apps.
Enter the following information:
- App name: A unique name for the application. Must be fewer than 50 characters.
- Company: The company to be associated with your application.
- App logo: The logo that users will see when they authenticate with your application.
- Click Create app.
On the Auth page, copy the client ID and client secret to
a secure location.
You can always access the client ID and client secret later from the Auth page.
- In the OAuth 2.0 Settings section, you'll see a field for Redirect URLs, which is the path in your application that users are redirected to after they have authenticated with LinkedIn. Leave this value blank for now.
For more information, see https://www.linkedin.com/developers/apps.