Page created: 27 Jan 2022 |
Page updated: 9 Jan 2023
You can edit the discovered APIs from the Discovered APIs page.
Click an API row to view or edit it.
The API View pane displays.
Optional: Click an action button:
- Track: Track activity on this API.
- Ignore: Ignore activity on this API.
- View spec: Display the API definition in JSON format. For example:
Click the pencil icon to edit the API definition.
The API Edit pane displays.
- API name: You can edit the name that appears for the API on the dashboard.
Hostname: You enter a specific host name or use
the wildcard "
*" to specify all servers hosting the API.
- API base path URL: Displays the API's base path URL.
- Enable Blocking: Toggle to block blocklisted clients. Default is disabled.
- Access Token: Toggle to define whether the API has an access token. Default is enabled.
- Block Clients Without Tokens: Toggle to block requests that don't have a token. Default is disabled.
Username Capture: Define the parameters for the
username, depending on whether it is located in a JWT or custom header.
Parameter JWT Username Header Description Username Header No Yes Custom header name with the username Username Yes No JWT claim for the username Client ID Yes No JWT claim for the client ID Location Yes No JWT location query string with the format:
<key name>, h:<custom header>, h:authorization:bearer, h:authorization:mac, h:cookie:<key>
API Key in Query String Yes Yes Key name in the Query String with the API Key API Key in Header Yes Yes Header name with the API Key Login URL Yes Yes URL for login requests on the API Cookie Yes Yes Name of the cookie used by the backend
Click one of the options:
- Save to save the edits, and exit.
- Reset to restore the API's definition to the Discovered state.
- Cancel or top-right X to exit from the edit mode to the view mode, without saving changes.