After you have registered the application with GitHub, copy the values for client ID and client secret and enter them into PingOne.
Ensure that you have copied the values for client ID and client secret from GitHub.
- Return to GitHub.
- In the OAuth Apps section, select the appropriate application.
- Locate the Client ID and Client Secret, and copy the values to a secure location.
In PingOne, on the
Configure Connection page, enter the following
- Client ID: The application identifier that you copied from the IdP. You can find this information on GitHub.
- Client Secret: The application secret that you copied from the IdP. You can find this information on GitHub.
- Click Save and Continue.
On the Map Attributes page, define how the PingOne user attributes are
mapped to identity provider attributes. For more information, see Mapping attributes.
- Enter the PingOne user profile attribute and the external IdP attribute. For more information about attribute syntax, see Identity provider attributes.
- To add an attribute, click + Add attribute.
- To use the expression builder, click Build and test or Advanced Expression. See Using the expression builder.
- Select the update condition, which determines how PingOne updates its user
directory with the values from the identity provider. The options
- Empty only: Update the PingOne attribute only if the existing attribute is empty.
- Always: Always update the PingOne directory attribute.
You can map the following attributes provided by GitHub.
- Click Save and Finish.