Create your application with PayPal, and then copy the client ID and client secret.
Ensure that you have a PayPal account with an active subscription.
- Go to PayPal for Developers at developer.paypal.com.
In the upper right, click Log into Dashboard.
If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can create one now.
- In the My apps and credentials section, click Sandbox.
- In the Rest API apps section, click Create app.
- In the Application details field, enter a name for the application, and then click Create app.
- In the Sandbox API credentials section, copy the Client ID to a secure location.
- In the Secret section, click Show.
- Copy the client secret to a secure location.
In the App feature options section, select
Connect with PayPal.
You can clear the other options, unless your organization has a specific need for them.
- Click Save.