You can use passwordless authentication to enable a higher level of assurance for users without requiring them to remember complex passwords. With a passwordless authentication policy, users can sign in with only a username and a one-time passcode that is delivered over email or text message, or a mobile push notification.
- Before enabling passwordless authentication, ensure that you have set up and validated a multi-factor authentication (MFA) device for you and your users, because they will not be able to sign on without a second factor.
- We strongly discourage setting a passwordless policy as the default password policy.
- Go to .
- Click + Add Policy.
- Enter a descriptive name for the policy, such as
- From the Step Type list, select Multi-Factor Authentication.
- From the MFA policy list, select the appropriate MFA policy. For more information about setting up MFA policies, see MFA.
- Click Save.