You can add a user attribute to your environment.
Use the Attributes page to add a user attribute to your environment.
- Go to .
- Click the + icon.
Select the attribute you want to add: Declared or
Declared attributes are string attributes that applications can access through the PingOne API or the PingOne console.
Declared attributes can be:
- Validated (Regex)
JSON attributes are structured attributes that applications can access through the PingOne API or the PingOne console. Resources can use JSON attributes in their attribute mappings. You can use these attributes to pass complex information to applications through an access token.
JSON attributes can be:
- Validated (JSON Schema)
- Click Next.
Enter the following information:
- Name: A unique identifier for the attribute.
- Display name: The name of the attribute as you want it to look in the user interface.
- Description: A brief characterization of the application.
Select the configuration options for the attribute:
- Enforce unique values: Require that attribute values be unique across the environment.
- Allow multiple values: Allow the attribute to support
- When a multi-valued attribute is mapped as part of an OIDC or OAuth flow, then the claim will be an array of values.
- When a multi-valued attribute is mapped as part of a SAML flow, then the multi-valued attribute will be a multi-valued SAML attribute in the SAML assertion. See Mapping attributes.
- No Validation: No validation is needed.
- Enumerated Values: Allow the attribute to have enumerated values.
- Regex Validation: Requires that the attribute have a
testable expression. Enter the following information to test an expression:
- Expression: A unique identifier for the attribute.
- Description: A brief characterization of the attribute.
- Values: Examples of values that match or do not match the expression.
After you create an attribute that is multi-valued, you cannot change it to single-valued.
- Click Save.