Worker apps have no roles by default. After the application is created, you can add or remove roles as needed, up to the level of your roles as a user. That is, you cannot assign roles that you do not have.
If you create a Worker app through the PingOne API, the app will inherit your roles by default. Use the assignActorRoles parameter to create a Worker app with minimal roles. For more information, see Create Application - OIDC - Worker App in the PingOne Platform API Reference.
- Go to .
Locate the application you want to configure. You can browse or search for
You can apply roles to Worker applications only.
- Click the application entry to open the details panel.
Click the Roles tab.
The Roles tab shows the currently assigned roles for the application.
Do one or more of the following:
- Add a role
- To add roles to the worker application, click Grant
roles. Select or clear the appropriate responsibilities. To
see all responsibilities, click Available
responsibilities. To see only the currently assigned
responsibilities, click Granted responsibilities.
Click Select all or Remove all to select or clear all available responsibilities.
- Reduce access for a responsibility
- You can choose to grant fewer responsibilities than the admin account that created the Worker app. Use this feature to limit the Worker app’s access to a particular environment or population.
- Click the funnel icon, and then select or clear the appropriate environments or populations.
- Remove a role
- Locate the role you want to remove, and then clear the check box for that role.
To view the specific permissions for each responsibility, go to the Roles page at . Click a role entry to see its details. For more information, see Roles.