Test PingOne Authorize policies from end-to-end with visualization tools that show the complete decision flow.
- Go to .
- Select the policy you want to test, and then click the Test tab.
Define test parameters.
Using the Payment checks policy from the tutorials as an example, the following testing scenario uses the Amount attribute in a request to test whether the policy denies payments over 10,000 USD.
The Visualization tab shows test results. As expected, the payment is denied.
Examine the decision flow to make sure decisions are evaluated according to
You can click a box in the flow to show more details.
Click the other tabs for additional details:
- Request tab: Shows the JSON request sent to the decision service, allowing you to confirm that the expected information was sent
- Response tab: Shows the complete, high-verbosity response for the decision, including expanded errors and other helpful information.
- Output tab: Shows details about the decision, including the time it took to evaluate policies and rules.
- Attributes tab: Shows details about the attributes used in the decision.
- Services tab: Shows details about the services used in the decision.
To repeat the test using a different scenario, click the Testing
Scenario tab, change the parameters, and then click
The following example tests an Amount value that is less than 10,000 USD.
A second Visualization tab shows test results. This time the payment is permitted. Test Results tabs are numbered to help you keep track of testing scenarios in the order in which they're run. If you delete a tab, for consistency, numbering remains the same for any remaining tabs.