You can run the PingOne LDAP gateway as a standalone Windows service. You’ll do this by downloading a ZIP archive and adding the service to a computer running Windows. This functionality is available in LDAP Gateway version 2.3.0 and later.
Before you begin
- If you have a valid gateway credential, have it ready. Alternatively, you can create a new credential on the Overview tab in the gateway details. See Creating or deleting a gateway credential.
- Install Java version 17.0.8 or later or Java version 21 LTS or later on the computer that will run the gateway.
- Create a JAVA_HOME system environment variable that points to the directory that contains the bin directory from the Java distribution.
You’ll download the PingOne LDAP gateway software in a ZIP archive. Most extract utilities will extract the files to a directory with a pattern of pingone-ldap-gateway-<version>. This directory structure is part of the ZIP archive. For best results, do not rename the pingone-ldap-gateway-<version> directory.
- Parent directory
- C:\Program Files\Ping Identity
- LDAP Gateway directory
- C:\Program Files\Ping Identity\pingone-ldap-gateway-<version>
- run.properties location
- C:\Program Files\Ping Identity\pingone-ldap-gateway-<version>\config
- Batch files location
- C:\Program Files\Ping Identity\pingone-ldap-gateway-<version>\bin\windows