Use the following information to update the PingOne LDAP gateway, such as from version 2.3.0 to version 2.3.1. You’ll uninstall the old version before installing the new one.
- In the PingOne admin console, go to .
- Click the appropriate gateway entry to open the details panel.
- Click the Download tab.
- Click the download link to download the ZIP archive for version 2.3.1.
- Extract the ZIP archive to the computer that will run the gateway. We recommend that you use a common location as the parent directory, such as C:\Program Files\Ping Identity.
- Configure the run.properties file, including providing the gateway credential information. The run.properties file is located in the config directory. For example: C:\Program Files\Ping Identity\pingone-ldap-gateway-2.3.1\config.
Uninstall the old version of the gateway before installing the new one.
- Start the Services system application and find the LDAP Gateway 2.3.0 service.
- Right-click and select Properties.
Note the Path to executable value.
For example, if the value is C:\Program Files\Ping Identity\pingone-ldap-gateway-2.3.0\bin\windows\ldap-gateway-windows-x86-64.exe -s C:\Program Files\Ping Identity\pingone-ldap-gateway-2.3.0\bin\windows\PingOneLdapGatewayService.conf
then you can find the uninstall-service.bat file in the C:\Program Files\Ping Identity\pingone-ldap-gateway-2.3.0\bin\windows directory.
- Optional: Start the Services system application and stop the LDAP Gateway 2.3.0 service.
- Run the uninstall-service.bat file for the LDAP Gateway 2.3.0 service, without any parameters. The underlying directories and files are not removed. Make backup copies and remove the files as needed.
After you have uninstalled the old version, you can finish installing the new
- Locate the install-service.bat file for the LDAP Gateway 2.3.1 service.
- Run the install-service.bat file without any parameters. By design, the install-service.bat file does not start the service automatically after completion. However, the service is configured to start automatically at the next and subsequent restarts of the Windows operating system.
- In the Services system application, start the new PingOne LDAP Gateway 2.3.1 service.