Use a ServiceNow connection to enable provisioning from PingOne to the ServiceNow user directory.
Review the User administration information in the ServiceNow documentation.
Make sure that you have:
- Administrator access to a ServiceNow instance running a supported version.
- The username and password for the administrator account.
- Go to .
- Click + and then click New connection.
- For Identity Store, click the Select button.
- Under ServiceNow, click Select and then click Next.
- Enter a name and description for this provisioning connection. The connection name will appear in the list when you've completed and saved the connection.
- Click Next.
On the Configure authentication screen, enter the following:
- ServiceNow URL. The URL of your ServiceNow instance. For example, https://yourinstance.service-now.com.
- Username. The administrator user for the ServiceNow instance.
- Password. The password for the administrator user.
- Click Test connection to verify that PingOne can establish a connection to ServiceNow. If there are any issues with the connection, a Test connection failed message will appear. Click Continue to resume the setup with an invalid connection. You will not be able to use the connection for provisioning until you have established a valid connection to ServiceNow. Click Cancel to modify the settings and try again.
On the Actions screen, enter the following:
- Allow users to be created. Determines whether to create a user in the ServiceNow user directory when the user is created in the PingOne identity store.
- Allow users to be updated. Determines whether to
update user attributes in the ServiceNow user directory when the user is
updated in the PingOne identity store.
- Allow users to be disabled. Determines whether to disable a user in the ServiceNow user directory when the user is disabled in the PingOne identity store.
- Allow users to be deprovisioned. Determines whether to deprovision a user in the ServiceNow user directory when the user is deprovisioned in the PingOne identity store.
- Remove action. Determines the action to take when
removing a user from the ServiceNow user directory.
- Disable. When a user is deprovisioned from the PingOne identity store, PingOne disables the user in the external identity store.
- Deprovision on rule deletion. Determines whether to deprovision users that were provisioned using this rule if the rule is deleted.
- Click Finish.