Prevent account takeover, new account fraud, and multi-factor authentication (MFA) and password fatigue with PingOne Protect.
By evaluating multiple attack vectors, assigning risk scores, and providing insights, PingOne Protect triggers mitigation tools to block attacks and allow legitimate users to authenticate easily.
PingOne Protect allows enterprises to:
- Stop account takeover and new account fraud.
- Improve user experience by reducing MFA prompts and going passwordless.
- Create intelligent policies that aggregate multiple predictors and assign a risk score.
You can use PingOne Protect in user access, authentication, authorization, registration, and transaction flows.
The two basic elements used in the risk analysis process are predictors and risk policies:
- A predictor looks at a single factor, for example, whether or not a user is trying to authenticate from an anonymous network, and yields an estimated risk level. For more information, see Predictors.
- Risk policy
- A risk policy combines a number of individual risk predictors, looks at the risk level estimated for each of the predictors, and then yields an overall risk level of Low, Medium, or High. For more information, see Risk policies.
PingOne creates risk evaluations when a user initiates a flow, and the risk policy determines how the aggregated risk score from the risk evaluation should be translated into a final risk level. For more information, see Risk evaluations.
To help you assess how risk evaluations are impacting user flows, PingOne includes the Protect dashboard. The dashboard displays top-level information and includes a number of charts that you can use to get detailed information on specific aspects of the data.
For more information, see Protect dashboard.