Learn how to create a group to better manage your users and to provide improved access control to your applications.
This tutorial walks you through the creation of a group that you can use to better manage access to your applications. You can create groups with a manually specified membership or by specifying criteria that dynamically adds users when a match is found.
Note: To add users either manually or dynamically, you must first add a user.
- Go to .
- Click + to add a group.
Enter the following information:
- Group name. A name for the group. The name must be unique within the environment for environment groups, and unique within a population for population groups.
- Description (optional). A brief characterization of the group.
- Population (optional). The population in which the group will be created. Users with the Environment Admin role can create groups at the environment level, but users with the Identity Admin role must assign a group to a population for which they are an Identity Admin. If you select a population, the group can contain users from that population only.
- Click Finish & Save.
- Click the Members tab.
Do one of the following:
- To add users from a list, click + Add members manually. See Adding or removing users manually from the Groups page.
- To create a filter to determine group membership, click + Add members dynamically. See Adding or removing users dynamically from the Groups page.