By migrating to the cloud, organizations of all shapes and sizes are able to move faster, be more agile, and able to focus on growing their businesses instead of investing time and effort into managing their identity and access management (IAM) infrastructures.
To assist you with this journey, we offer the Cloud Acceleration Toolset, which makes it possible to painlessly migrate your IT systems to the cloud. If you are a Ping Identity software customer, talk to our Professional Services team or your trusted implementation partner about migrating.
This process is illustrated in this diagram:
- Mitigate risk: Ensure you’re appropriately protected with the latest versions of bug fixes and security features. Much of this mitigation is done automatically, so manual configuration changes are not necessary. Automated tests are also run to verify that the authentication flows you currently have in place in your on-premise systems function as they should in the cloud.
- Reduce your Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): When you
upgrade to the cloud, you save in IT operational costs without compromising
support, even for complex use cases. You no longer need to invest in expensive
hardware and software, such as server, storage, and firewalls, needed to
maintain your networks, nor do you need to invest in expensive in-house teams to
manage and maintain your platforms and infrastructures.
Instead, you trade capital costs, such as those associated with physical servers and data centers, for variable expenses with a pay-as-you-go system. This system also applies to the data storage space needed, which means that you get the space you need and don't pay for space you don't use.
- Save time: Free up a significant amount of time by transferring your
product and infrastructure operations to us. We can reduce the average amount of
time it takes to migrate to the cloud by 69% (from an average of 39 weeks to 12
weeks if you are a Ping Identity partner). We will be responsible for
monitoring, managing, and maintaining your application platform and
infrastructure, which allows your team to focus on serving your customers and
workforce, as shown in this diagram.
How it's done
- Repeatable patterns: We’ve been in this business for a long time and have learned to recognize patterns in the ways in which organizations migrate to the cloud. We understand the needs of your application owners, network administrators, and other important stakeholders, and will work with you to design a successful project migration plan.
- Automation: We export your on-premise PingFederate, PingAccess, and PingDirectory configurations through an API, upgrade your products to the latest versions available, and import them to a cloud environment.
- Test the migration: We perform extensive testing to ensure your products and services work as expected. We ensure that the tokens and assertion data match, and that authentication flows work in the cloud the way they worked in the on-premise environments. We can also work with you to perform custom testing that meets your needs.
- Access your cloud environment: When the migration is complete, you’ll be able to safely access your cloud environment and manage it through a simple interface or a command line interface.
- Open source: This toolset is publicly available and free to use. Modifications made to the toolset are shared with our partners and the community.
We follow industry best practices and automate the migration process, which ensures that transitions are seamless. The speed at which you migrate is up to you.
You can perform a flash cut-over migration, where you migrate everything all at once, or you can have a phased migration, where you migrate small groups of users and applications during each phase. Regardless of which approach you choose, we’ll work closely with you and customize the migration process to meet your needs.
Flash cut-over migration
Flash cut-over migrations most often occur when organizations move from on-premise Ping solutions to a Ping cloud solution.
With flash cut-over migrations, the goal is to keep downtime to a minimum and complete the migration as quickly as possible.
Although these migrations are considered riskier than phased migrations, Ping Identity Professional Services experts are involved in every step to ensure that they run smoothly.
Phased migrations most often occur when organizations move from their current solution (legacy, homegrown, or on-premise Ping solution) to the PingOne Cloud Platform. Phased migrations are popular because many organizations want to mitigate the migration risk by moving small groups of users and applications during each phase.
Many organizations face time or budget restraints, or regulations that prevent them from immediately moving some systems to the cloud.
PingOne Advanced Services is designed for hybrid IT situations, where organizations manage some of their IT resources in-house but use cloud-based services for others.
Most importantly, this platform can connect to anything and everything, including legacy systems based on proprietary standards. And, it can integrate with on-premise data or authentication sources, and act as either an identity provider (IdP) or a service provider (SP), which makes complex authentication flows possible.
For additional information, see One Simple Move to Radically Reset Your Team’s Identity Bandwidth and Increase Security Posture.