To add or replace an HTTPS server certificate, submit a request through the service request form on the Support Portal.
Administrators can use self-signed certificates or certificate authority (CA)-signed certificates for the server certificate. Where possible, you should use CA-signed certificates. You should only use self-signed certificates for demonstration and proof-of-concept environments. The certificate can also be generated automatically.
For additional information, see Servers and certificates in the PingDirectory Server Administration Guide.
Complete the following fields:
- Subject: Enter a description of your request, including the action to be taken.
- Environment Type: Specify the type of environment affected by this request.
- Proposed Change Window: Specify the dates or times in which you want the work complete.
- In the Capability list, select .
- In the Certificate to add or replace field, enter the name of the certificate you want to add or replace.
In the Business Priority list, select the appropriate
- Change needed by deadline to avoid business impact
- Change modifies existing functionality
- Change adds new functionality
- In the Description field, enter a description of your request.
- If you are tracking your request within your organization, enter the tracking ID or ticket number associated with it in the Customer Tracking ID field.
- Click Save.
- Click the Attachments tab and upload the certificate you want to add or replace.