Submit your index change requests through the service request form on the Support Portal.
Indexes improve database search performance and provide consistent search rates, regardless of the number of database objects stored in the directory information tree (DIT) and are associated with attributes within your schema. To add an index, attributes must already exist in the schema defined for your directory. To delete an index, ensure that data is removed from user entries prior to it being deleted or data modification issues and application errors will exist.
For additional information, see Working with indexes in the PingDirectory Server Administration Guide.
Complete the following fields:
- Subject: Enter a description of your request, including the action to be taken.
- Environment Type: Specify the type of environment affected by this request.
- Proposed Change Window: Specify the dates or times in which you want the work complete.
- In the Capability list, select .
- In the Index name field, provide the name of the index.
In the Index type(s) list, select the appropriate type of
- In the Purpose field, explain what you want to achieve by making this change.
- Optional: In the Other field, provide additional information about your indexing requirements that might require followup.
In the Business Priority list, select the appropriate
- Change needed by deadline to avoid business impact
- Change modifies existing functionality
- Change adds new functionality
- In the Description field, enter a description of your request.
- If you are tracking your request within your organization, enter the tracking ID or ticket number associated with it in the Customer Tracking ID field.
- To submit your request, click Save.