Page created: 29 Oct 2021 |
Page updated: 27 Dec 2022
Password policies contain configurable properties for password expiration, failed sign on attempts, account lockout and other aspects of password and account maintenance. Submit your password policy requests through the service request form on the Support Portal.
For more information, see About the password policy properties in the PingDirectory Server Administration Guide.
Complete the following fields:
- Subject: Enter a description of your request, including the action to be taken.
- Environment Type: Specify the type of environment affected by this request.
- Proposed Change Window: Specify the dates or times in which you want the work complete.
- In the Capability list, select .
- In the Password policy name field, provide the name of the password policy you want to add, modify or delete.
- Optional: If users with the associated password policy are required to authenticate in a secure manner, select the Require secure authentication check box.
- Optional: If users with the associated password policy are required to change their password in a secure manner, select the Require secure password changes check box.
In the Default password storage scheme field, provide
The default is
- In the Password validation field, describe your password validation requirements.
- Optional: In the Password expiration field, describe the password expiration rules you need.
- Select the Force change on reset check box to force users to change their passwords if they are reset by an administrator, which is considered an administrative password reset.
In the Business Priority list, select the appropriate
- Change needed by deadline to avoid business impact
- Change modifies existing functionality
- Change adds new functionality
- In the Description field, enter a description of your request.
- If you are tracking your request within your organization, enter the tracking ID or ticket number associated with it in the Customer Tracking ID field.
- To submit your request, click Save.