PingFederate generates logs that record server events. To change the log settings so that more or less data is obtained in the log files, submit a request through the service request form on the Support Portal.
Log files are written to the PingFederate log directory, located in the following directory by default: <pf_install>/pingfederate/log.
Complete the following fields:
- Subject: Enter a description of your request, including the action to be taken.
- Environment Type: Specify the type of environment affected by this request.
- Proposed Change Window: Specify the dates or times in which you want the work complete.
- In the Capability list, select .
- In the Logging files field, provide the name of the affected logging files. For example, server.log or transaction.log.
In the Log level field, select the level of logging you
want to obtain:
In the Logging events field, specify affected logging
For example, these could include:
In the Business Priority list, select the appropriate
- Change needed by deadline to avoid business impact
- Change modifies existing functionality
- Change adds new functionality
- In the Description field, enter a description of your request.
- If you are tracking your request within your organization, enter the tracking ID or ticket number associated with it in the Customer Tracking ID field.
- To submit your request, click Save.