An identity repository stores identity data for your PingOne for Enterprise users.
You can connect to an identity repository by either:
- Configuring an identity bridge to your
identity provider (IdP). identity provider (IdP) IdP A service that manages identity information and provides authentication services to relying clients or service providers (SPs) within a federated or distributed network.
- Using PingOne for Enterprise Directory as your identity repository.
Note: You can always view the configuration of your identity repository, but if you've established a connection, we recommend that you do not change to a different identity repository. Doing so can invalidate your PingOne for Enterprise dock, applications' attribute mappings, user group assignments, signing certificates, and authentication policy.
If you've not yet established a working connection to an identity repository, you can safely change it.
- In the PingOne for Enterprise admin portal, go to and click Connect to an Identity Repository.
Do one of the following:
- Select PingOne for Enterprise Directory.
- Select the identity bridge that's right for your organization. For configuration instructions, choose the link for your identity bridge: