These tips will help you avoid common pitfalls, no matter which Ping product you are upgrading.
- If you are migrating to a new server platform/operating system, copy the engines and consoles from the original servers to the new ones.
- If your new environment needs unlimited Java Cryptography Extension (JCE):
- Install the new Java and unlimited JCE on the new servers.
- Upgrade the old console installations on the new servers.
- Upgrade the old engines on the new servers.
- Update the run.properties file to reflect new IP addresses on the new servers.
- Configure load balancers for the new clusters.
- Validate that the new configuration is working by updating a few host
files on desktops using the new load balancer address.Note: Reference adapters and OAuth aren't very testable in any scenario other than on the Cutover platform.
- Switch DNS to the new clusters after unit testing configurations work out.
- Validate that the new configuration is working by updating a few host files on desktops using the new load balancer address.