To improve network security posture and provide a true MFA experience to network resources, add PingID multi-factor authentication (MFA) to your VPN authentication ceremony.
- PingFederate 10.1
Do the following:
- Install and configure PingFederate.
- Install and configure PingID.
- Enable RADIUS network connectivity between your VPN client and PingFederate.
- Connect and configure an existing user datastore as a password credential validator (PCV), such as PingDirectory or Active Directory.
In the PingOne for Enterprise administrative console, go to .
To receive your pingid.properties file, click
If there are no property files available and you need to generate one, click the Generate button and then click Download.
In the PingFederate administrative console, go
- Click Create New Instance.
On the Type tab, configure the fields:
- In the Instance Name field, enter an instance name.
- In the Instance ID field, enter an instance ID.
- From the Type list, select PingID PCV (with integrated RADIUS server).
On the Instance Configuration tab, click Add
a new row to 'RADIUS Clients'.
- In the Client IP field, enter a client IP address to match your RADIUS client.
- In the Client Shared Secret field, enter a shared secret to match your RADIUS client.
To complete the client configuration, click
Repeat step 6 for any additional RADIUS clients.
Click Add a new row to 'Delegate PCV's'.
- From the Delegate PCV list, select the primary user datastore you want RADIUS clients to authenticate against.
To complete the configuration, click
Repeat step 7 for any additional PCVs.
In the PingID Properties
File field, paste the pingid.properties
file you downloaded from PingID in step
In the Authentication During Errors field, select the
appropriate authentication behavior when PingID services are unavailable.
- Bypass User
- Block User
- Passive Offline Authentication
- Enforce Offline Authentication
- In the Users Without a Paired Device field, select whether to bypass or block the user when PingID services are unavailable.
- Complete any remaining fields. Click Next.
- Click Next and Done.
- Click Save.