Page created: 30 Sep 2020 |
Page updated: 16 Feb 2022
Selectors and authentication sources can be conditionally chained together in paths to form policies.
- PingFederate must determine if a user is inside your internal network. You must know CIDR network ranges that identify your internal network.
- Upon identifying the network location of your user, you must know how you intend on
authenticating your user in each case.
- Configure authentication adapters, such as the Kerberos adapter and the HTML form adapter, along with their dependencies (Kerberos Realms and password credential validators (PCVs), respectively).
- Define an authentication policy contract to allow the outcome of the authentication process to be mapped into your SAML connections or OAuth environment.
- In the PingFederate administrative console, go to .
- To create a new selector, click Create New Instance.
Configure the Type window.
- In the Instance Name field, enter an instance name.
- In the Instance ID field, enter the instance ID.
- From the Type list, select CIDR Authentication Selector.
Configure the Authentication Selector window.
- Click Add a new row to 'Networks'.
In the Network Range (CIDR notation) field,
enter the CIDR ranges that identify your internal network address
- To save your network, click Update.
- Optional: In the Result Attribute Name field, enter an attribute name.
- Click Next.
- On the Summary window, click Done.
- Click Save.