- If you want to use OpenID Connect (OIDC), you must configure an OIDC client in PingFederate .
- If you want to use SAML, you must configure a SAML service provider (SP) in PingFederate.
- In your PingOne tenant, go to and click Add Provider.
and click either:
- OpenID Connect
If you clicked OpenID Connect:
- In the Create Profile window, in the Name field, specify a name for the IdP (used only in the PingOne console) and click Continue.
In the Connection Details section, in the
Client ID and Client
Secret fields, enter the client ID and client secret
from the external IdP.
This must be an auth-code client.
In the Discovery Details section, you can
provide the OpenID well-known endpoint in the Discovery
Document section to pre-populate all values.
If the OpenID well-known endpoint isn't available, you must manually enter all the required values.
- Click Save and Continue.
In the Map Attributes window, map incoming values
as needed, and then click Save and Finish.
If you clicked SAML:
- In the Create Profile window, in the Name field, specify a name for the IdP (used only in the PingFederate console) and click Continue.
- In the Configure PingOne Connection section, choose the signing certificate for SP-initiated SAML authentication requests and click Continue.
- In the Configure IDP Connection window, import data or provide the values, and then click Save and Continue.
- In the Map Attributes window, map incoming values as needed, and then click Save and Finish.
To support just-in-time (JIT) creation, edit the newly created external
If a user who doesn't exist in PingOne is redirected from the external IdP, PingOne can perform a JIT creation of an account for that user in PingOne.
- Click Registration.
- In the Population list, select the population into which new users should be JIT provisioned.
- Click Save.
- Enable the external IdP you created.