- Install PingAccess with either a PingFederate, PingOne, or OpenID Connect (OIDC) token provider configured.
- Sign on to the PingAccess admin console.
Go to + Add Agents:
- In the Name field, enter a name for the agent.
- In the PingAccess Host field, enter a host name and port number.
To retrieve the agent.properties file to use
during the agent installation process, click Save &
In most deployments the host name and port must match the
agent.http.portvalue in the PingAccess run.properties file (default
The host name and port of the PingAccess server is where this agent sends requests.
- Go to .
To connect the newly created agent with a PingAccess application, click
+ Add Application:
- In the Name field, enter an application name.
- In the Context Root field, enter an appropriate value.
- In the Virtual Host(s) section, click + Create.
- Create a virtual host that matches the agent server's host and port values that users will access, then click Save.
In the Web Session section, click +
Create to create a new web session:
- In the Name field, enter a name for the web session.
- In the Audience field, enter the names of the applications using this web session.
- In the Client ID and Client Secret fields, enter the OIDC Login Type values from the PingAccess token provider
You return to the New Application page.
In the Web Identity Mapping section, click +
Create to create a new mapping:
- In the Name field enter an identity mapping name.
- In the Type list, select Header Identity Mapping.
- In the Attributes section, click Exclusion List.
In the Header Name Prefix field, enter a prefix
pattern the agent application will expect.
If your user was Ping, your prefix header for the username field would be "ping-" and then it would say ping-username.
- In the Attribute to Header Mapping section, click + Add Row.
- In the Subject Attribute Name list, select the attribute that corresponds to the user's subject value.
- In the Header Name field, enter a header name.
You return to the New Application configuration page.
- In the Destination list, select Agent.
- In the Agent list, select the agent you created earlier.
- Select the Enabled checkbox and click Save.