Page created: 24 Jul 2019 |
Page updated: 8 Feb 2022
PingFederate can't connect to the LinkedIn API
- When you Configuring an adapter instance, you receive an error when you click Test Connection.
- Check the Client ID and Client Secret values for the PingFederate application that you registered on https://www.linkedin.com/developers/.
- Copy and paste the values directly into the adapter instance configuration, and run the test again.
LinkedIn presents the user with an "unauthorized" page
- LinkedIn presents the user with an "unauthorized" page that contains a link to an error page provided by the LinkedIn IdP Adapter instance.
- During authentication, the user declined to give authorization to LinkedIn. Ask the user to repeat the process and authorize LinkedIn.
Note: You can customize this error page. See the Unauthorized Redirect URL field in LinkedIn IdP Adapter settings.
All SSO attempts fail
- For all users, attempting to sign on to an application through the LinkedIn IdP Adapter fails. The PingFederate server log includes the following error: "Attribute retrieval from LinkedIn failed".
- Check whether you are using the correct LinkedIn API endpoint for the permissions
that you have requested. In your adapter instance configuration, check that the
following settings and fields are in agreement:
- Retrieve email
- LinkedIn User Email V2 URL
- LinkedIn User Data V2 URL
LinkedIn does not return values for some requested attributes
- After successful authentication and authorization, LinkedIn does not return values for some of the requested attributes.
- Some attributes require specific LinkedIn partner programs. See https://developer.linkedin.com/support/faq.