Page created: 29 Mar 2021 |
Page updated: 8 Feb 2022
To allow PingFederate to manage users in PingID, create a service provider (SP) connection.
In the PingFederate
administrator console, create a new SP connection:
- For PingFederate 10.1 or later: go to Create Connection. . Click
- For PingFederate 10.0 or earlier: go to Create Connection. . Click
Configure the basic connection details with the PingID Provisioner
quick connection template.
- On the Connection Template tab, select Use a template for this connection.
- In the Connection Template list, select PingID Provisioner. Click Next.
- On the Connection Type tab select only Outbound Provisioning. Click Next.
- On the General Info tab, in the Partner's Entity ID and Connection Name fields, enter a name of your choosing. Click Next.
On the Outbound Provisioning tab, configure provisioning
with the following details.
For help, see Configuring outbound provisioning in the PingFederate documentation.
- Click Configure Provisioning.
- On the Target tab, configure the provisioning connector by referring to PingID Connector settings reference. Click Next.
- On the Manage Channels tab, create a channel as shown in Managing channels in the PingFederate documentation. Complete the attribute mappings by referring to Supported attributes reference.
- On the Activation and Summary tab, above the Summary section, click the toggle to turn on the connection. Click Save.