Page created: 5 Dec 2022 |
Page updated: 4 May 2023
With your PingOne trial, you can quickly design registration and subsequent sign-on experiences for your customers and test them in a sample application tailored to your industry.
- Click Get Started, either from the message you receive after creating your environment or from the top of the page.
- On the Welcome page, click Create a Customer Solution.
To tailor your solution to your industry, select the industry from the list or
skip this step to design experiences that can be used in any industry.
Available industries include:
- Financial Services
You see a sample application in the middle of the page and the solution designer on the left side of the page.
- Click Registration to begin.
Select the type of registration experience you want your users to have when
they sign on to your application or service for the first time and click
Next. Choose between:
- Standard registration: Require your users register with a username and password.
- Progressive profiling registration: Require a username and password, and request a phone number to use multi-factor authentication (MFA) and authenticate with SMS or voice messages.
- Passwordless registration: Allow your users to use biometric information, such as fingerprints or retina scans, to register.
Specify the type of authentication experience you want your users to have and
PingOne supports a wide variety of customizable authentication experiences, but for purposes of this trial, select one of the experiences provided. The options available depend on the type of registration experience you selected in the previous step.
- Username and password
- Username and password with MFA
- Username and password with adaptive risk signals
- Passwordless authentication using a mobile device
Follow the instructions for the profile management and account recovery steps
in the wizard.
You receive a notification when your registration experience is ready to test.
On your sample application, test the registration experience that you just
designed by clicking Sign up.
A new user is created in your test environment.
- To test the sign-on experience that you just designed, click Sign In using the credentials of the user that you created.
- To modify these experiences, select different options in the solution designer and continue to test them in your sample application until you’re satisfied.
Continue to explore and customize your PingOne trial.
You can update user information, password policies, and agreements using the solution designer.Note:
If you don’t currently have access to PingOne DaVinci and you’re ready to explore its power, select the Try DaVinci link that displays at the bottom of the solution designer on the left side of the page.