With the PingOne Verify Integration Kit, PingFederate includes PingOne Verify in the sign-on or self-service registration flow.
- The user initiates SSO or self-service registration with PingFederate. They complete the first authentication or self-registration step provided by an HTML Form Adapter instance, for example.
- The PingOne Verify IdP Adapter contacts PingOne Verify to
initiate the verification process.
(Optional) If the user does not exist in PingOne, the adapter provisions the user.
- PingOne Verify provides a verification code and a QR code image URL.
- The PingOne Verify IdP Adapter presents an HTML page that shows the verification code, QR code, and the name of your PingOne Verify-enabled mobile app.
- If it is not already installed, the user installs the mobile app from the Android
Play Store or Apple App Store.
After opening the app, the user enters the verification code or QR code shown in the browser.
- The user follows the app prompts to complete the verification process.
This typically involves scanning their government-issued photo ID and submitting a live face capture.
- The PingOne Verify IdP Adapter polls PingOne Verify while it waits for the result of the verification process.
- PingOne Verify provides the adapter with the result of the verification process.
- (Optional) The PingOne Verify IdP Adapter presents an HTML page that shows the success or error message, depending on the verification result.
- If the user completed the verification process successfully, PingFederate provides access to the requested resource or completes the registration process.