Occasionally, PingFederate introduces database-related changes, such as adding a new table, modifying an existing table, or updating connection pool library, for the purpose of product improvement.
Neither the Upgrade Utility nor the PingFederate installer for Windows migrates data maintained in the internal HSQLDB database or any external database. For instance, if outbound provisioning is enabled in the new PingFederate instance using the internal database, it is re-initialized from the provisioning source.
Use the built-in HSQLDB only for trial or training environments. For testing and production environments, always use a secured external storage solution for proper functioning in a clustered environment.
Testing involving HSQLDB is not a valid test. In both testing and production, it might cause various problems due to its limitations and HSQLDB involved cases are not supported by PingIdentity.
If your PingFederate environment connects to one or more database servers, review the following topics and make changes accordingly.
- Provisioning datastore reset
- Security enhancement in JDBC datastore queries
- New connection pool library
- An improved index in the database table for OAuth clients
- Changes in the database tables for log messages
- Changes in the database table for account linking
- Changes in the database tables for OAuth clients
- Changes in the database tables for OAuth persistent grants and extended attributes
- A new database table for OAuth persistent grant extended attributes
- New indexes in the database table for OAuth persistent grants
- Changes in a database table supporting nested group membership