To allow PingFederate to communicate with PingOne, create a connection.
Connecting PingFederate 10.3 or later to PingOne
Create a connection between PingFederate and PingOne. In PingFederate 10.3 and later, you can use this connection for all PingFederate components that communicate with PingOne.
If you already have a connection from PingOne to PingFederate, ensure that the Identity admin and Environment admin roles are enabled. Skip the steps below.
Create credentials in PingOne.
- On the PingOne administrator console, go to . Click Add Connection.
- On the Create Connection Profile window, enter a connection name. Click Save and Continue.
- On the Establish Connection with PingFederate window, click Copy To Clipboard.
- Click Close.
Use the credentials to create a connection in PingFederate.
- On the PingFederate administrator console, go to Add Connection. . Click
- On the Add Connection window, paste the credential information in the Paste The Credential Here field.
- In the Connection Name field, enter a unique name of your choosing.
- Click Save.
Connecting PingFederate 10.1 or earlier to PingOne
In PingOne, create a set of credentials for PingFederate. For PingFederate 10.1 and earlier, you must enter these credentials in each PingFederate component that communicates with PingOne.
- On to the PingOne administrator console, go to . Click Add Connection.
- On the New Application window, click Worker. For PingFederate Worker App, click Configure.
On the Connect to PingFederate window, enter a connection
name. Check that the Identity admin check box is
selected. Click Configure.
If you don't see the Identity Admin check box, you might not have the Identity Data Admin role for the environment. Check with your Organization Administrator.
Note the Client ID, Client
Secret, and Environment ID. Click
You'll use these credentials in Configuring an adapter instance.
- On , turn on the application.